Trace OLTAS Challan Status
OLTAS keep records of all the transactions of direct taxes and transactions made by the tax payers. Tax is deposited in banks directly. Tax payer can track the tax amount deposited in the bank through OLTAS challan status. Tax Information Network has introduced the OLTAS facility to view the challan deposited in the banks.
How to Track OLTAS Status Online
Whoever pays the taxes online is directly reflects in the OLTAS system. This way any corporate or individual can track the records of deposited taxes through OLTAS status link. Here we have introduced the steps to check the OLTAS status.
OLTAS status is based on two applications
- CIN Based
- TAN Based
CIN Based Inquiry:
- First of all meet to the OLTAS challan link once you enter into the tin-nsdl portal.
- Now click on the CIN based option.
- In the CIN Based application you need to mention the BSR code of the bank.
- Type Challan Serial Number afterwards.
- Now enter challan tender date.
- Enter the Captcha code shown on the screen.
- Now click on view button.
- You will see every details and transaction history once you follow this procedure of CIN.
TAN Based Inquiry
- For TAN based status you need to enter the TAN number instead of CIN number.
- You need to select the duration after entering TAN number.
- Now follow the same procedure as above.
- Mention the Captcha code and click on view button.
OLTAS challan status can be viewed by both these options. If any query comes or your deposited amount doesn’t reflect on your account, you can send your complaint to authorized bank.
What is OLTAS and why it is needed?
OLTAS stands for Online Tax Accounting System. Specifically this system is introduced for the individuals and corporate who want to know the status of their taxes amount deposited in the bank. OLTAS keeps all the history of transactions and balance for the benefits of customer. Now any customer paid taxes can view the amount is entered on their account through this system.
So this is helpful to view the challan 280 status, 281, 282 and TDS status online. And if you follow any bankruptcy you can immediately take action against bank. Here we have enclosed two steps to trace the OLTAS Challan Status online.